- Partner, 2007
Damian L. Tucker was sworn in as an Assistant District Attorney for Nash, Edgecombe and Wilson Counties (Seventh Judicial District) in September 1998. He prosecuted cases from routine traffic matters to violent felony cases, including homicide cases. After three years as a prosecutor, he joined the law firm of Hester & Tucker, PLLC in 2001. In 2007, he became a partner in the firm which is now Hester & Tucker, PLLC.
Damian's sole concentration is defending the criminally accused in the Seventh Judicial District. He also has handled some matters in civil, child support and small claims courts. During this period of his practice, he has resolved thousands of traffic matters and misdemeanors at the District Court level. Also, Damian has successfully defended clients charged with serious felony charges at the trial level. He has extensive jury trial experience to include cases involving traffic and misdemeanor offenses, as well as the most serious drug and "violent" felony offenses, including homicide cases. He is also a board certified specialist in state criminal law.
Damian L. Tucker has been a lifelong resident of Nash County. He currently lives in the Dortches, NC community with his wife, Chandra, who is a veterinarian, and sons, Nicholas and Jacob.
He has always been involved in his community in an effort to make it a better place to live. He makes it a priority to speak at the local schools to educate youth on how choices can affect their future goals.
He also has spoken at Saint Augustine's College (Raleigh, NC), North Carolina Central University School of Law (Durham, NC), and participated with the TEEN COURT program in this district.
Damian is a life member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. and has served as general counsel for the Middle Eastern Province of Kappa Alpha Psi since 2011.
Areas Of Practice
- Traffic Tickets
- North Carolina, 1998
- Georgia, 1999
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Juris Doctorate - 1998
- North Carolina at Wilmington, University of Wilmington College, Wilmington, NC.
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Sociology
- Northern Nash High School
- Speaker, Saint Augustine’s College (Raleigh, NC), North Carolina Central University School of Law (Durham, NC)
Past Employment Positions
- Seventh Judicial District, Assistant District Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Nash-Edgecombe Boys & Girls Club
- Member of Rocky Mount Pan-Hellenic council
- General Counsel Of Middle Eastern Province Of Kappa
- Past Beautillion Militaire Scholarship Chairman
- Teen Court Program
- Nash County General Hospital, Board of Commissioners
- Nash Community College, Board of Trustees
- Royal Stallion Mustang Club
- Kappa Alpha Psi